sponsor our animals or make a one off donation
Until now we have spent thousands of dollars creating the space and running costs and have realised we sadly cannot take on any more animals until we have built some more solid financial resources.
We have calculated that with the amount of animals we have currently, it takes us roughly $50,000 a year to run the sanctuary. This covers the cost of the land, food, insurance, vets bills, parasite treatments, some fencing needs, hay, maintenance, carpentry, website costs and more.
This is the baseline we need to achieve to ensure we are sustainable. But in addition we have a wish list we have created to build the infrasture we need before we can rescue more animals.
OUR WISH LIST
1. $1,000 for an extra chicken coop. We need to create a high quality coop for any potential future residents that is completely predator proof.
2. $10,000 fencing. Fencing unfortunately is expensive. We have a large 6 acre paddock we wish to fence to keep our cows and other animals safe.
3. $1,500 for a quarantine shed. We need an extra shed, outside of our existing barn where we can place new animals to ensure they don't infect our existing tribe. Sadly most of our animals arrive from filthy conditions and are weak and sick. They can bring in bacterias that can wipe out the rest of the herd pretty fast and need much tlc to bring them to recovery.
4. $2,000 pig pen. As our pigs grow we will be able to transition them from their nursery in the barn to an external pig shed and surrounding fenced area. They will be free range a lot of the time, but we need a space to keep them safe when needed, as well as a place where we can keep them separate from new comers who arrive, whilst they integrate and get used to each other. Once this is ready we shall again have nursery space in the barn to rescue more piglets.
5. $2,000 goat and sheep enclosure. We need to fence a separate area for goats and sheep and build them a sturdy pen to sleep at night that is completely predator proof.
6. $5,000 vet fund to ensure we can desex, vaccinate and treat any new animals that come to us.
help us achieve our wish list
We have a donor box below where you can choose how much you may like to donate.
Otherwise we also give you the opportunity to sponsor one of our animals.
When you sponsor one of our animals you will receive a beautiful certificate along with a colour photo of the animal you have sponsored. You can also choose one of our prints of an original work of art for us to send to you, along with the certificate and photo. In addition we'll send you a monthly update of how your new friend is doing.
Sponsorships can be done for yourself or can also be a great gift for a friend or loved one!
Sponsor Rumi for a year!
Rumi is the sweetest most affectionate boy who can always be relied upon for a good cuddle! He was rescued at 2 days old from a dairy farm. Deemed 'waste' he was about to be killed with a blunt force to the head. Luckily he ended up in our hands and home and now enjoys his days with lots of love and frolicking through the fields.
Sponsor Shambo for a year!
Shambo is a sweet inquisitive boy. He can be a little shy, but enjoys a good head and neck rub when h'es comfortable. He was rescued at one day old from a dairy farm. Deemed 'waste' he was about to be killed with a blunt force to the head. Luckily he ended up in Bodhi Glow farm sanctuary where he enjoys galloping around with his little herd before relaxing in the grass!
Sponsor Meera for a year!
Meera is a very timid girl. She lived with her mother in a field, but her Mum sadly died in a ditch and Meera was left lost and confused next to her body. When the farmer realised he carted her off to a dairy where she became even more traumatised. Luckily a kind lady stepped in and brought her to us where she lives happily with her little herd. However, we are still working on building her trust with humans and bringing her condition up to a healthy level.
Sponsor Preeya for a year!
Preeya was rescued from a factory farm. Deemed too weak to turn a profit Preeya was about to be killed by being slammed to the ground before a kind soul stepped in and brought her to us. Preeya arrived scared of people, but through love and dedication she is now the most delightful cuddle bunny! Full of character, she is either running at full speed or asleep, there's no in-between!
Sponsor Wilbur for a year!
Wilbur was rescued from a factory farm. Deemed too weak to turn a profit he was about the become victim to the practice of slamming where pigs are killed by slamming them to the ground. Luckily he ended up in our hands where he is thriving in to a big strong boy. Affectionately known as the thug, you certainly know he's around! He tears through everything, knocking everything over in his path!
Sponsor Meggie for a year!
Meggie was found on the side of the road. She must have had a lucky escape from somewhere as Australia is the biggest exporter of goat meat. She made her way to our sanctuary where she has stolen everyone's hearts. Part goat, part cat, part dog, Meg loves her comforts and is the most loyal and affectionate animal ever! She'll follow you on any walk and come running as soon as she hears you coming home!